Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Loaded Envelope-Shabby Chic

Hello my friends, thanks for stopping by.  I have something different to share with you today.  Its a loaded envelope on the shabby chic side.   I ran across a you tube tutorial of the loaded envelope and decided to give it a try.  I am going to be honest,  I didn't understand the concept of the loaded envelope.   After making one I realized its a way to pack some goodies for friend mail.  Similar to the pocket letter trend or flip book trend.






I started with a 6x9 envelope and cut it down the middle at 3 inches to give it that fold over look.  I then decorated the envelope with papers from my stash.  I used a mixture of prima and wild orchid craft flowers to decorate the outside.  I added a pocket and used a Martha Stewart border punch to give it some additional details.   I used several dies from my stash to create the tags.  I created different size envelopes using my envelope punch board to tuck inside that includes goodies for a friend.  The sentiment is from a vellum sticker by Anna Griffin.  I love the way this turned out and see many more in my future.  Hope this inspires you to create something beautiful.  Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Hello,
    What a beautiful creation, I am definitely inspired to continue working on my loaded envelope. Almost gave up last night because it just wasn't coming out the way I wanted it to but that could have something to do with the 12 hour shift i just finished. Will continue working on it this weekend maybe I will have better luck. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sweet comment and stopping by. Definitely give it a try. If you are on Facebook there is a Loaded Envelope Group where you can join and see additional inspiration. Check it out.

      Delete
  2. Very, very pretty & this is your first try? Very impressive & thank you for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete